Project vehicle Down to Earth
This vehicle, developed from a standard Land Rover 90 Td5 was commissioned by the tree surgery company Down to Earth as a rapid response vehicle to enable them to rapidly clear fallen trees on behalf of the highways agency.
Working closely with the builder of the vehicle, Gigglepin4x4 www.gigglepin4x4.net we at Response Diagnostics designed and fitted the additional wiring and equipment to allow the vehicle to fulfil its task with the utmost safety and convenience of the workmen.
- - --
The following additional equipment was added to the vehicle :-
1. Secondary deep cycle battery and split charging system to allow frequent use of the frontwinch and additional equipment.
2. Multimode LED roof beacon system.
3. Four additional low level LED hazard warning beacons.
4. Fluorescent interior lights in rear load area.
5. Four working lights forward facing on the roof of the vehicle.
6. Twin bulb worklamp on rear of vehicle.
7. 2000 Watt 240 Volt inverter to power free standing worklamp and allow use of mainspower tools when required.
8. Tracker system.
9. All additional switches and fusebox on dashboard to control the above equipment.
10. Where possible al statutory lamps were replaced with LED units for maximum reliability.